[Tutor] just cleared the moderation queue., sorry for the backlog.

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 20:05:36 CEST 2013

On 16 June 2013 08:15, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
> FWIW about 6 or7 genuine messages and about a dozen spam...
> The usual ratio... :-(

I was wondering why my message showed up late. I Already had the
answer and it was only moderated because I tried a picture attachment
to reply to a query.

Only a dozen? You're lucky this is not a Really high volume and more
general list. I spend a half hour every week just deleting junk email,
unsubscribing from things, blocking or reporting spam, etc. I've
"subscribed" to things I've never heard of. But I keep my old
webmaster email, which got a lot of traffic.

One trick you have to watch out for is a blanket email with a phony
unsub link. That's to find out if there's a live person on the other
end, rather than a dead box chosen at random from a huge spam-list.
When you unsub, they can then try to really get you with a phony
letter from your bank or "You won a Prize" or something more devious.
Although the appeals from Nigerian princes have dropped way off ;')

Jim