[Tutor] Need help appending data to a logfile

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 01:04:54 CEST 2013

On 17/06/2013 23:39, Jim Mooney wrote:
>> But in 3.3, it says:
>> Help on built-in function close:
>>
>> close(...)
>>
>> with no more explanation.
>
> Hmm, I thought close in 3.3 was a method of the file handle, not a
> builtin function. Have I
> missed something? I assume all builtin functions do not need an object
> dot prefix, and close needs the file handle.
>
> Nope. close() is not in the built-in function list:
> http://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html
>
> We've caught them in a boo-boo ;')
>
> Jim

You now have an opportunity to expand your knowledge of the Python
infrastructure by raising your first bug report to get this fixed.  I
look forward to seeing your effort on the bug tracker mailing list.

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence