[Tutor] Opinion - help could use more examples

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 20 01:12:15 CEST 2013

On 19/06/13 22:01, Jim Mooney wrote:

> endless websites that have gone with the new black-is-back style of
> spidery gray text on a medium gray background that only Superman could
> see.

I second that, I find an increasing number of web sites unreadable
with my ageing eyes because they use shades of the same colour.
The contrast is simply too low.

And why credit card designers insist on using silver lettering
against a white (or light grey) background defeats me - I've
been reduced to shining lights at an angle to generate
shadows with one of my cards.

Let's return to contrasting shades and colours for legibility
please...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site