[Tutor] sound implementation problems

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Jun 20 04:32:21 CEST 2013

Hi Jessica,

On 17/06/13 20:00, jessica peters wrote:
[snip a bunch of stuff]

> [...]

Although .wav files are relatively simple, there are slight differences in the internal format. It may be that pygame has restrictions on what sort of WAVs it can play.

If you run Linux, you can try calling:

file bach-cello-suite-1.wav

from the Linux command prompt to get further information about the file, such as whether it is stereo or mono, the bit rate, etc. If you are using Windows, which I see you are, I can do this for you, if you give me a URL where I can download that specific WAV file. You say you downloaded it from http://www.freestockmusic.com/ if you can provide the exact page you got it from, I will grab the file and give you the details.

Then you can ask the pygame people if there are restrictions on the types of WAV files it can play.

--
Steven