[Tutor] Best Code testing practice?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 18:25:22 CEST 2013

On 20/06/2013 12:43, Matt D wrote:
> Hey guys!
> Is there a fast way test some piece of code?  I would like to be able to
> look at the GUI I am making with out changing the file in dir 'baz' and
> running the actual program (which is quite extensive).  Like if I could
> just have a .py file with only the smallest amount of code possible to
> make the GUI run, and I could run the .py file from the interpreter to
> make the GUI run, this would be beautiful.  This allow me to
> easily/quickly experiment with code and test my code.  Do we need an IDE
> for this sort of thing or can we just use the interpreter?  OMG i was up
> till 3am trying to find some way to do this.
> Thanks!

I suspect that you'd get better answers on a GUI specific mailing list,
like one for wxPython, but I note that you've already asked pretty much
the same question there.

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence