[Tutor] Data persistence problem

Arijit Ukil arijit.ukil at tcs.com
Fri Jun 21 08:21:30 CEST 2013

I have following random number generation function

def rand_int ():
    rand_num = int(math.ceil (random.random()*1000))
    return rand_num

I like to make the value of rand_num (return of rand_int) static/
unchanged after first call even if it is called multiple times. If x=
rand_int () returns 45 at the first call, x should retain 45 even in
multiple calls.
Pls help.

Regards,
Arijit Ukil