[Tutor] Python 2 or 3?

DragonDon dragondon at dragondon.net
Mon Jun 24 03:04:40 CEST 2013

Week, not an experienced user per se, the more important thing is to just
start.

I can say this, the vast majority of online python classes use v2.  So, if
you have never programmed before, like myself, then 2 is going to be what
you will learn.  Learning to upgrade later is no big deal and I doubt you
will immediately be writing programs that will need to be converted. I
learned that there are a few tricks in regards to this 2/3 difference like:

# adjust for Python 2 or 3
import sys
....if sys.version[0] >= ’3′:
........getUserInput = input
....else:
........getUserInput = raw_input

But theses are only stop-gap measures maybe?

It really depends on why you arelearning python i think.

DragonDon