[Tutor] multiple function returns

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Fri Jun 28 19:21:25 CEST 2013

On 06/28/2013 12:06 PM, Jim Mooney wrote:
>> ...     if x:
>> ...         return True
>> ...     return False
>>
>> I'll leave it to you to work out why that works.  It's very handy!
>>
> Hey, it saves typing an "else" and as you know, I'm the Lazy Typist.
> My program to make dicts, lists, etc from a single string, using no
> special characters, has saved me so much little-finger typing already
> I'd never part with it, flawed as it is. It's good-enough ;')

If one were trying to save keystrokes here, one would just use

foo = bool

and be done with it.

Or at least,

def foo(x):
     return bool(x)

But saving keystrokes should seldom be the goal, unless you're dealing
with a disability.  In most cases, the comments and the testing code
will be much bigger than the actual running code.

--
DaveA