[Tutor] Problem with os.system

Brad Hudson brad.hudson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:41:57 CET 2013

> I have given the admin privileges for my drive but still os.system won't
> work :(

Are you saying you applied "Administrator" privileges to the
drive/folder? If so, are you executing your script as a normal user or
as "Administrator"? Example: In order to run something from the
command prompt as "Administrator" when you are not directly logged in
as "Administrator" in Windows 7, you must right click on the "Command
Prompt" shortcut and then click "Run as administrator" to invoke those
privileges.
> I have used os.system not only to create directories but to invoke some
> exe's as well. But this also not seems to work.
>
> Is there any other settings that I need to check or enable ?
Have you tried simply invoking python (i.e. idle) and walking through
each of your commands step by step?