[Tutor] some web and python version questions

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 00:35:55 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Lolo Lolo <losermeloser at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>then you should be able to say
>>   python3.3  myscript.py
>>or  python3.0  myscript.py
>
> thanks it installed independently like you said. and those  python3.3 or
> python3.0 in the command line seems to do the trick!

I don't know how that's working. There are no executables or batch
files with those names in the default installations. It's always
"python.exe". Plus the default install options don't muck with the
PATH environment variable. Did you rename (or NTFS symlink) the
executables and add the install directories to your PATH?

3.3 installs py.exe to the Windows directory, which you can use like this:

    py -3.3 myscript.py
    py -3.0 myscript.py

Or add a shebang to the first line of the script such as

#!/usr/bin/env python3.0

Then you can simply run myscipt.py. The 3.3 installer associates the
extension with py.exe, which parses the shebang line.