[Tutor] some web and python version questions

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:54:38 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Lolo Lolo <losermeloser at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>Check the output of the following command:
>
>>    reg query HKLM\Software\Classes\Python.File\DefaultIcon
>
>>For me the value is "C:\Python33\DLLs\py.ico".
>
> i get:  'reg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file.

System32 should be on the PATH, and reg.exe should be available in XP.
C'est la vie. Try "%windir%\System32\reg.exe" instead of "reg". No
rush. It's just an icon.

By any chance are you using a 64-bit Windows XP? WoW64 redirection for
32-bit processes might be an issue. e.g., %windir%\System32 ->
%windir%\SysWoW64. 32-bit reg.exe run from a 32-bit cmd shell would
nominally operate on HKLM\Software\, but really access
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\.