[Tutor] File-Fetcher (cmdline-parser)

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Fri Mar 15 21:30:37 CET 2013

Christopher Emery wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Thank you this is much appreciated!  It is much clear now. Thank you
>
> PO: Also, if you make it a habit to keep long option and dest in sync
> (something you get for free if you only specify the option) you can
> deduce the attribute name used in the script from its commandline
> interface.
> CE: Can you please explain this deeper please? I am not sure if I am getting it.

Don't take offense at the below, I am just making a suggestion that I
think will help you communicate better on this list (and others).

This is not really the style for this mailing list responses.
Normally, you add an attribution header and quote level so people
can see who is talking and who is being quoted. In addition, post
your response in-line (or after) the quoted text. Quoting is indicated
by prefixing "> " to the quoted text. Most (if not all) email/news
reader programs have an option to do this for you. This makes it easy
to understand the who said what and in response to what.

An example is below (and I made up the conversation, not actually quoting
anything).

=================================
Christopher Emery wrote:
> Peter wrote: