[Tutor] Starting a simple python project

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 18:17:26 CET 2013

On 3/22/2013 5:02 AM, miguel.guasch at hushmail.com wrote:
> Greetings all!
Hi.
> I decided to learn python as a side project, so
> I could get my feet wet with OOP and start actually being
> productive. I understand the basics of OOP thanks to a class I took
> about object modelling and design (UML on Enterprise Architect)
>
> In order to better learn python, I'm trying to "automate" (or make
> it easier to do) repetitive tasks here in the company.
IMHO this is not a simple project. I suggest you start with something a
lot simpler so you can focus on learning Python rather than all the
complexities involved in the daily "status" e-mail project (which
includes learning wxPython).

When you do tackle daily "status" e-mail - start with one step.

A good starting point is to clarify the project (expand the description,
be very specific, draw pictures of the user interface, ...)

Have you gone through any Python tutorials? Might be a good idea.

Personally I'd tackle a task like thhis using Access rather than Python.

Bob Gailer
919-636-4239
Chapel Hill NC