[Tutor] Starting a simple python project

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 12:22:27 CET 2013

On 03/22/2013 05:02 AM, miguel.guasch at hushmail.com wrote:
> Greetings all!
>

> My name is Miguel Guasch, I'm a software tester who's trying to
> slowly get into automation, and eventually (in a couple of years)
> into development.

Miguel, welcome!

Depending on your skills, you might want to look up the Python classes
on Coursera.org. They are free, challenging, and some offer a
certificate of achievement. That might be useful in your work portfolio
when you move to developer.

Last year's videos for one beginner class are still on-line:
	https://class.coursera.org/programming1-2012-001/class/index

The follow up class for that starts tomorrow:
	https://www.coursera.org/course/programming2

There's an introductory class starting in a few weeks:
	https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython

And a Programming Design class starts in May:
	https://www.coursera.org/course/programdesign

Note that I'm not affiliated with Coursera, except to take their
classes. Of course, I'm a believer in open education, too.

Leam