[Tutor] PyDtls

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Mar 26 13:28:56 CET 2013

On 03/26/2013 08:16 AM, Mousumi Basu wrote:
>                  I have installed PyDtls from the link:-"
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Dtls/0.1.0".
>                  While creating the server and client objects in
> "sslconnection.py", it is referring to "x509.py" for certificates.
> Following error is occurring :-
>
> File
> "C:\dtls\Dtls-0.1.0.sdist_with_openssl.win32\Dtls-0.1.0\dtls\"x509.py",line
> 34 , in <module>
> from openssl import *
> File"C:\dtls\Dtls-0.1.0.sdist_with_openssl.win32\Dtls-0.1.0\dtls\"openssl.py",
> line 74 in <module>
>
>     libcrypto=CDLL(release_cryptodll_path)
>
> File"C:\Python27\lib\ctypes\"_init_.py", line 365,in _init_
>    self_.handle=_dlopen(self._name,mode)
>
> WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found.
>

>                      Please help me out to sort that error.

Sounds to me like the DLL that implements the crypto is missing, in the
wrong place, or has unmet dependencies.  You can find out the name (and
presumably the path) of the dll by looking at release_cryptodll_path.

If it's indeed there, then I'd use the dependency walker (from the
appropriate Windows ddk) to find whether there are any unmet
dependencies.  That assumes you haven't done anything obscure with the
path, as the dependency walker needs to run with the same environment
variables.

--
DaveA