[Tutor] Text Editors and Linux (was Re: exit message)

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed May 8 14:13:27 CEST 2013

On 08/05/13 00:26, Prasad, Ramit wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>
>> * a decent console app that supports multiple tabs;
>
> Any reason to prefer tabs to virtual terminals (i.e. screen)?

Yes. I can see tabs, and click them with a mouse, they can have a meaningful title, and I can use spacial memory to associate them with tasks. "Tests = second last tab" is more natural for me to remember than "Tests = virtual terminal 7", and clicking with the mouse is much faster for me than remembering, and typing, "Ctrl-A 7".

--
Steven