[Tutor] Making a Primary Number List generator

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun May 12 14:57:08 CEST 2013

On 12/05/13 12:43, Dave Angel wrote:

>> Despite going to many sources I can not seem to find a single source
>> that adequately explains Python 100% without any technical jargon or
>> assumptions of prior knowledge.

Its impossible to learn to program without learning technical jargon,
but there are tutorials that try to teach you that technical jargon
before using it!

>> this exercise) I am completely lost. What do you recommend for a good
>> source to learn Python? I have tried MIT open course ware, but again
>> even their intro explains the obvious, but not how to use it
>> collectively.

Using it 2collectively" is the hardest bit about programming in any
language and there are very few resources that even attempt such a
thing. Most take the approach of building ever increasingly complex
programs so that you absorb the technique through use.

> Anybody else want to recommend a tutorial for someone who has no
> programming experience in other languages?

Tutorials are highly subjective but have you (the OP) looked at the
non-programmers page on the Python web site? It lists several tutorials
aimed at the complete beginner. Being biased I favour my one!
(see below)

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site