[Tutor] Making a Primary Number List generator

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed May 15 17:51:32 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:26 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info>wrote:

I assumed Marc was talking hypothetically. A print function *could*
> return a result, even if Python's print function does not.
>
> Actually, I was mixing up my memory of an overloaded print() function with
Python's built-in print().  I _have_ used versions of print() that returned
values, and relied on them for program flow - but somehow I forgot that
that was a custom function!

Yet another argument in the ongoing controversy "why change print from a
statement to a function?"