[Tutor] changing char list to int list isn't working

Bhanu Pratap Singh bhanu.bais at gmail.com
Sat May 4 07:15:04 CEST 2013

Hi Jim,
When you replace num = int(num); it's not changing a list.
Due to It only pick a value from a list.
You have to pointing to list so,
You have to use list[position] using while loop like below

listOfNumChars = list(str(intNum))
i = 0
while i < len(listOfNumChars):
	listOfNumChars[i] = int(listOfNumChars[i])
	i += 1

print(listOfNumChars)

#--> [4, 5, 5] (if you entered 455)

Best,