[Tutor] Bugs came home

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Thu May 16 06:53:39 CEST 2013

Just a note about PyScripter since I was whining here about some bugs,
but the bugs were mine ;')

I downloaded Py 64-bit for Py  3.3 but for some reason installed 32
bit for Py 2.7. PyScripter runs multiple Pys but it apparently choked
on the different word lengths. Once I installed 64 bit for both Pys,
the bugs died.  Now I can run Py 2.7 from the Taskbar, since all the
graphics modules and a lot of other kewl stuff are still mostly for
2.7, but continue to explore 3.3 from the Start Menu. PyScripter does
have some nice stuff - multiple Pys, Projects, Debugger, Regex search,
templates, startup scripts, and other useful tools not in Wing unless
you buy the paid version.

But it's easy to use out of the box if you don't want to mess with
that stuff right off. And its folder has a start link for each
installed Py, so you don't have to set anything up except the path to
each Py.

So my bad on the reported PyScripter bugs ;')

--
Jim Mooney