[Tutor] creating import directories

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Sun May 19 06:08:17 CEST 2013

I'm a bit unclear about creating import directories.

I can import something like the json directory from Lib with a simple
 import json

So I tried putting my own directory in Lib, called bagofries, as a
test, and put a simple printstuff.py program in it. But when I try to
import bagofries, I get "no module named bagofries"

Is there some reason I can put a program right under Lib and it
imports, which it does but not a directory?

Also, I noticed Wing 101 is sometimes creating a same-named pyc
program alongside my py program, but I don't see an option to do that.

--
Jim Mooney

Today is the day that would have been tomorrow if yesterday was today.