[Tutor] try..except - what about that ton of **Error statements?

Jim Mooney cybervigilante at gmail.com
Wed May 22 07:46:06 CEST 2013

I'm looking at Try..Except

Try:
     <some statements>
Except SomethingError as err:
    <other statements>

The list of error statements is huge. How do I know which error
statement to put in place of SomethingError (or multiple errors for
that matter)? Or is it best to just leave SomethingError blank until I
know more? ( I have an asymptotic learning curve, so I go off on a lot
of confused tangents, but I find it makes things go a lot faster after
a certain point.)

--
Jim Mooney

"When I got to high school I realized my name would always present
problems." --Dick Hertz