[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 111, Issue 72

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed May 22 18:45:32 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Jim Mooney <cybervigilante at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please don't reply to digests. Each message has a Message-ID, and
>> replies have an IN-REPLY-TO field that references the ID of the
>> has no meaningful Subject, and even if you change the Subject field,
>> it still won't be threaded properly. See for yourself:
>>
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2013-May/thread.html#95572
>
> So is Reply to All the way to go? For some odd reason Gmail won't
> always Reply to All. I'll have to figure out why.

You can configure Gmail to default to reply all in the general
settings. Of course that's of no use if you're replying to a digest,
so switch to receiving individual messages. Receiving the list as a
digest is unnecessary with Gmail. Just create a label for the list,
and use a filter to automatically label and archive messages from the
list out of your inbox.