[Tutor] Difference between types

Citizen Kant citizenkant at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:57:03 CEST 2013

I guess I'm understanding that, in Python, if something belongs to a type,
must also be a value.

I guess I'm understanding that the reason why 9 is considered a value, is
since it's a normal form*,* an element of the system that cannot be
rewritten and reduced any further.

I also guess I'm understanding that the same goes somehow for the letter A
for example, since it cannot be rewritten or reduced any further, so it's a
value too.

type('A')
<type 'str'>

The question is, in order to understand: does this apostrophes thing has a
more profound reason to be attached to the letters or it's just a
conventional way to set a difference between letters and numbers? Do I must
observe this apostrophes thing like the symbol of the type itself inside
which one can put any character, setting it as type str?