[Tutor] keyboard interrupt

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri May 24 00:52:34 CEST 2013

On 24/05/13 06:37, Jim Mooney wrote:
>> Apparently Wing isn't as savvy as IDLE when it comes to communicating
>> with the subprocess. I've only searched for about a minute, but
>> apparently the way this works in Wing is to "Restart Shell":
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/a/10360503/205580
>> http://www.wingware.com/doc/debug/interactive-python-shell
>>
>> This kills the suprocess and starts a new interpreter. Crude, but it
>> should get the job done.
>
> Thanks. I'll put stackoverflow on my bookmarks.

Beware though, while there are often some very good answers on Stackoverflow, there are also very many people who are nowhere near as knowledgeable as they think, giving terrible answers, and still having large scores. (One particular person comes to mind, I forget his name but he has a *very* high score which means lots of people are voting for his answers, and yet every time without exception I've seen him reply to someone he has been rude, missed the entire point of their question, or given them bad advice. Or all three at once.)

Personally, I think Stackoverflow is a great resource for experienced Python programmers who can separate the wheat from the chaff, but only a moderately okay resource for beginners :-)

--
Steven