[Tutor] Finding a nearest perfect cube

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 8 15:55:53 CET 2013

On 08/11/13 10:12, Joel Goldstick wrote:

>>> inbuilt function or a for loop. Only while and if loops are allowed.
>
> This is confusing.  What is an 'if loop'?

I'm not sure why but this is a common mistake by beginners.
I get a lot of emails about my tutorial that refer to
"if loops" even though I never use that term.

I think beginners somehow confuse the terms block and loop.
Maybe because they look similar visually.

Whatever the reason they should still learn to use the correct
terminology or we all get confused. But I wouldn't be too
harsh on the OP, he/she is not alone.

> ...It will be better to help you if you actually
> print the exact assignment.

And this is certainly true along with the usual advice to
print the full text of any errors you get too..

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site