[Tutor] Strange issue w/ Python shell 3.0.0.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 24 10:04:38 CET 2013

On 24/11/13 07:51, Rafael Knuth wrote:
>> So, what to do about it? While the Python interactive interpreter is
>> mighty powerful, it does have some limitations, and this is one of them.
>> You just have to get used to the fact that it is not well-suited for
>> editing large blocks of code. ...
>
> Understood. Should I use a Python IDE like Pycharm or so? Would that help?
> If so, which ones would you recommend?

IDLE is fine (assuming Steven is right and you are using IDLE)
but get used to opening an edit window and creating the script
there and then running that rather than typing everything into
the Python Shell window.

You can still use the shell to try out small snippets of code
but anything bigger goes in a separate file.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site