[Tutor] Output not legible when debugging with ipdb

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 26 17:35:20 CET 2013

On 26/11/13 14:22, Peter Zorn wrote:

> I've encountered a problem with the ipdb debugger and I
> wonder if anyone can help. When I run this code
> ( http://quant-econ.net/ipython.html#setting-a-break-point)
> and include the "import ipdb; ipdb.set_trace()" command line, the ipdb
> debugger starts but its output is not legible (see debugging1.pdf in
> attach).

Please attach (or better, paste the content in the mail) the file
Debugging.py we need to see the exact code that you are running not the
code in the tutorial.

Also what happens if you remove the debugging line and run the same code?

[ Incidentally, most of the things the page says about IPython
can be done nearly as easily in standard Python. Now IPyton is
a fine shell but the page hardly shows its advantages! ]

> I'm running Python(x,y) on Windows 7 64-bit in the Windows Powershell,

That shouldn't make much difference but just in case what
happens if you use a CMD prompt window?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site