[Tutor] Easiest framework for web development?

Amit Saha amitsaha.in at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 00:26:03 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM,  <vitsen at gmx.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Which of the available Python frameworks is the EASIEST to learn for a
> NEWBIE who needs to do *basic* web development? (only the *most basic* web
> functionality will be needed)

Only the *most basic* web functionality won't need you to use a Python
web framework. It needs HTML and CSS and some Javascript at best. Now,
I am sure you want more. You will get various answers, but I found
Flask (http://flask.pocoo.org/) to be very easy to start with. I had
no clue of any web frameworks when I started with it and found it very
easy to get started with. The documentation is one of the best I have
come across for any open source project. So, it should help you get
started fairly easily. Although the quickstart guide:
http://flask.pocoo.org/docs/quickstart/ has more than the basics, but
it's a good idea to go through it as much as you can and experiment on
your own.

Hope that helps.
-Amit

--