[Tutor] Which Python should a beginner learn?

Tim Krupinski tdkrupinski at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 19:10:09 CEST 2013

I think it really depends on why you are learning python.  For me, I'm
using it primarily to supplement my tools as a system engineer.  The
standard version of Python that installs with nearly every server I manage
is 2.7, so I decided to focus on learning 2.7 because I didn't want to be
in a position where I had to install Python 3 onto every server.

Now, it does look like 3 has a lot of additions that help OO type
programming - so if you are learning it to write robust programs 3 might be
the way to go.