[Tutor] No module named odbchelper

Andreas Perstinger andipersti at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:17:52 CEST 2013

On 09.10.2013 00:37, Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 08/10/13 19:33, Rabah Abdallah wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using dive in python book to to learn python programing languege  on  mac
>> in one of the examples is odbchelper imported but when i start debugging I recieved
>>   ImportError: No module named odbchelper
>
> ODBC is a Microsoft database access protocol.
> It may not exist on non Windows systems. From
> the path you give below that might be the
> problem here.

Actually, Mark Pilgrim, the author of "Dive into Python" introduces a
module called "odbchelper" in chapter 2:
http://www.diveintopython.net/getting_to_know_python/index.html#odbchelper.divein

Abdallah, you need to make sure that the file "odbchelper.py" is in the
same directory as the script from which you want to import it.

Bye, Andreas