[Tutor] Help please

Todd Matsumoto c.t.matsumoto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 10:05:18 CEST 2013

Hello Ruben,

You might already know this, but the Python documentation will get you
pretty far: http://www.python.org/doc/

Here are some things to lookup that may help you solve the problems.

On 10/16/2013 08:49 PM, Pinedo, Ruben A wrote:
> I was given this code and I need to modify it so that it will:
>
> #1. Error handling for the files to ensure reading only .txt file
Look up exceptions.
Find out what the string method endswith() does.
> #2. Print a range of top words... ex: print top 10-20 words
> #3. Print only the words with > 3 characters
Look up how the built-in len() works.
> #4. Modify the printing function to print top 1 or 2 or 3 ....
> #5. How many unique words are there in the book of length 1, 2, 3 etc
Read up on different datatypes and choose the one, or combination types
that would solve this for you.

P.S. Tutors I hope this is posted to the list and the top. I always get
that wrong!