[Tutor] Howto handle pictures with pyqt

Ulrich Goebel ml at fam-goebel.de
Tue Oct 22 23:21:20 CEST 2013

Hello,

for my first python program I try to build a user interface for a litle
address database. Therefor I use pyqt to build the formular, and later I
will connect it to an existing SQLite DB, using APSW.

Besides the "normal" things as name, address, email and others I want to
store an image. Normaly that will be given as a file (.jpg, .png, or
other type). I would let the user find the picture with a
QFileDialog.getOpenFileName() dialog. But what to do after that? Here
are my questions:

Which widget is able to show the picture?

How to show the picture? That means: howto put the picture from the file
into the widget?

How to put the picture data into an blob(?) column in the database?

How to get the data back from there and bring it in the widget?

May be there is a tutorial which I didn't find yet?

Thank's a lot for any help!

Greetings
Ulrich

--