[Tutor] Won't run. Syntax Error.

Kimberly Mansfield kimberly.mansfield at g.austincc.edu
Sun Sep 8 21:43:54 CEST 2013

This is the first homework assignment. Driving me crazy - struggling with
it for two entire days. I want to drop this class now.

I think it is all entered correctly, but it won't run and teacher will not
accept it if it won't run. Says "syntax error" and highlights one of the
numbers in the top line that was there when I first opened it, before I
typed anything. Specifically, this:
Python 3.3.2 (v3.3.2:d047928ae3f6, May 16 2013, 00:03:43) [MSC v.1600 32
bit (Intel)] on win32
The middle 3 (in red) is highlighted. There is no arrow pointing to it or
anything else.  We are supposed to write something to help a pizza parlor
owner figure out how many pepperoni sticks he will need for the month. The
teacher gave us an IPO chart with these definitions and we are supposed to
write the code for it in Python. I used floats throughout because this is
the umpteenth time I have rewritten this thing, and was thinking maybe it
was because I used integers as well as floats before, and thought maybe the
problem was because I used both.
I will post it below in case you need to see the whole thing.
Obviously, I have no programming background and this is supposed to be a
beginner's class.
Please help. I am running out of hair to yank out of my head and my dogs
are afraid of me now.

Python 3.3.2 (v3.3.2:d047928ae3f6, May 16 2013, 00:03:43) [MSC v.1600 32
bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> Pizzas = float (input ("Number of Pizzas "))
Number of Pizzas 100
>>> Length = float (input ("Length of Pizzas "))
Length of Pizzas 11
>>> Width = float (input ("Width of Pizzas "))
Width of Pizzas 11
>>> Thickness = float (input ("Thickness of Pepperoni Slices "))
Thickness of Pepperoni Slices .1
>>> Diameter = float (input ("Diameter of Pepperoni Slices "))
Diameter of Pepperoni Slices 1
>>> Edge = float (input ("Crust Edge of Pizzas "))
Crust Edge of Pizzas .5
>>> StickLength = float (input ("Length of Pepperoni Sticks "))
Length of Pepperoni Sticks 10
>>> UsefulLength = Length - 2 * Edge
>>> SlicesLength = UsefulLength / Diameter
>>> UsefulWidth = Width - 2 * Edge
>>> SlicesWidth = UsefulWidth / Diameter
>>> Slices = SlicesWidth * SlicesLength
>>> TotalSlices = Slices * Pizzas
>>> HypoLength = TotalSlices * Thickness
>>> PepperoniSticks = HypoLength / StickLength
>>> print (StickLength)
10.0
>>> print ("You will need", PepperoniSticks, "pepperoni sticks this month.")
You will need 100.0 pepperoni sticks this month.