[Tutor] Where do I start learning Python

Jugurtha Hadjar jugurtha.hadjar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 21:02:13 CEST 2013

On 09/08/2013 09:00 PM, olatunde Adebayo wrote:
> hey everyone,
> I am taking a graduate level class this fall that required python
> programming.
> can anyone direct me to where can i get a free python training crash
> course / program
> anyone with idea.
> I have one week to learn..is it possible....

You can definitely have something going on in a week for your stuff (It
takes less if you have some background in programming and these things
just make sense to you. You won't develop an awesome piece that solves
world problems, but for what you'll probably do (lists, etc..) you'll be
able to do that).

There is a great one from Zed Shaw called "Learn Python The Hard Way".
Basically, it gets you to actually write a lot (provided you don't cheat).

It's available here:

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/

Welcome, good luck and keep us posted on your progress, Olatunde.

--
~Jugurtha Hadjar,