[Tutor] Suds, Lxml - sending an xml request

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:00:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 20 September 2013 14:25, Ismar Sehic <i.sheeha at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm probably very annoying and boring with these python web service :)and
> sorry for the previous message reply subject,wont happen again...
> the thing is, i'm provided with some service provider documentation,
> including xml request example, xml response example, wsdl file for the
> protocol defintion, and xsd file for every request type.

You should not need to mess with lxml yourself if you're using a SOAP
library like suds.   Also, you might try SOAPpy, or alternatively, try ZSI
if you can get it working -- the project seems kind of dead and not
recently updated and I seem to remember it was rather fiddly to get it
working last time I had to work with it.  (That said I might add that we've
had good success with ZSI.  Usefully, it can generate wrapper classes for
your WSDL which means you get a concrete native Python representation that
you can refer to, of the webservice interface you're trying to work with.
 SOAPpy and other more recent frameworks takes a more minimalist approach
and does everything dynamically which can sometimes make it a bit tricky to
work with a new interface.)

Walter