[Tutor] ImportError: No module named '_sysconfigdata_m'

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 20:18:06 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

I just wanted to get rid of Python 3.2 as I thought it had no purpose.
Maybe I also could have done apt-get install --only-upgrade python3.
apt-get update does not update python 3.2 to 3.3.

> If you try 'sudo apt-get remove python3'  then apt will check the
> database of installed packages to see if anything depends on the
> python3 package.

Thanks. I will use that from now on. Much better indeed. But isn't it safer to also specify the minor python version?

If nothing depends on it then it will be safely