[Tutor] HELP Please!!!....How Do I Make a Graph Chart Generate in Python Based on my Code

eryksun eryksun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 04:35:49 CEST 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Dino Bektešević <ljetibo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Where did you find that In-Reply-To: field? In example Alan's response
> header

Gmail has a "Show original" link in the message drop-down menu. But in
this case I just searched the September text archive:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2013-September.txt

I replied to you using Gmail's "Reply to all" in the webmail
interface, which added "In-Reply-To" and "References" to the header.

RFC 2822:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2822.txt

   The "In-Reply-To:" and "References:" fields are used when creating a
   reply to a message.  They hold the message identifier of the original
   message and the message identifiers of other messages (for example,
   in the case of a reply to a message which was itself a reply).  The
   "In-Reply-To:" field may be used to identify the message (or
   messages) to which the new message is a reply, while the
   "References:" field may be used to identify a "thread" of
   conversation.

   When creating a reply to a message, the "In-Reply-To:" and
   "References:" fields of the resultant message are constructed as
   follows:

   The "In-Reply-To:" field will contain the contents of the "Message-
   ID:" field of the message to which this one is a reply (the "parent
   message").  If there is more than one parent message, then the "In-
   "Message-ID:" fields.  If there is no "Message-ID:" field in any of
   the parent messages, then the new message will have no "In-Reply-To:"
   field.

   The "References:" field will contain the contents of the parent's
   "References:" field (if any) followed by the contents of the parent's
   "Message-ID:" field (if any).  If the parent message does not contain
   a "References:" field but does have an "In-Reply-To:" field
   containing a single message identifier, then the "References:" field
   will contain the contents of the parent's "In-Reply-To:" field
   followed by the contents of the parent's "Message-ID:" field (if
   any).  If the parent has none of the "References:", "In-Reply-To:",
   or "Message-ID:" fields, then the new message will have no
   "References:" field.

   Note: Some implementations parse the "References:" field to display
   the "thread of the discussion".  These implementations assume that
   each new message is a reply to a single parent and hence that they
   can walk backwards through the "References:" field to find the parent
   of each message listed there.  Therefore, trying to form a
   "References:" field for a reply that has multiple parents is
   discouraged and how to do so is not defined in this document.