[Tutor] Vending machine problem.

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 15:15:14 CEST 2014

On 4/1/2014 3:26 AM, Sebastien Gomez wrote:
> The vending machine must have 5 prices with items
> it should accept 10p, 20p 50p and £1 coins
> it should allow the user to purchase a item and give him a choice of
> purchasing something else. it should display the remaining credit once
> the item is purchased. i will let you know of anything else

Thank you. I am copying this to tutor at python.org where a bunch of us
hang out and collectively help others. PLEASE in future always reply-all
so a copy goes to the list.

I am changing the subject line to something meaningful.

This sounds like a homework assignment. We don't provide answers for
homework. We will help you once you show some effort and tell us where
you need a hand.

The requirements are kinda vague. I would have a hard time guessing
exactly what the instructor is looking for.

Did you get any other information?

Did you get some sample of the expected input and output?

If no th the latter,  good starting place is to write down a sample
dialog, then apply the Python functions you should have learned by now
to make that dialog happen.

How do you plan to store the collection of items and their prices? What
Python data types have you learned that you could use here?

How do you plan to look up an item to get its price?

Show us your answers to any of the above, tell us exactly where you are
stuck, and we will see what we can do to help.