[Tutor] Python & algorithms (Lang line simplification algorithm)

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:21:48 CEST 2014

On 4/14/2014 11:30 AM, Laura Kauria wrote:
> Thanks a lot for all the help! I got the courage to start at least..

Some requests regarding posts.

1) put your comments following the relevant text rather than at the top.
2) delete old (irrelevant) text.
4) be more clear with your questions.
> I started by converting the pseudocode I had to python.

3) post your code
> Still I have problems with perpendicular distance and creating a line
> with python.
> I need to create a line between two points
what does that mean (apart from the obvious) in terms of your code>
> and then check what is the distance between a line and intermediate
> points which were between lines start and end point. If someone could
> help me with this?
> I'm a geographer student so all possible library suggestions
> concerning spatial data is also appreciated.

4) be more clear with your questions.

I can make guesses about what you want, but that wastes time.

" distance between a line and intermediate points which were between
lines start and end point" as I read this the answer seems to be zero. (
a point that is between lines start and end point is on the line). I
don't think you mean that.

We are here to help. The more you tell us the easier it is for us to help.