[Tutor] Python & algorithms (Lang line simplification algorithm)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 15 01:22:12 CEST 2014

On 14/04/14 16:30, Laura Kauria wrote:

> I need to create a line between two points and then check what is the
> distance between a line and intermediate points which were between lines
> start and end point.

When you say you want to "create a line" what do you mean?
Do you want to
- create a line in data as a set of points(at what precision?)
- plot or draw a line on screen (with axes?)
- build a mathematical model of a line?

Checking distances/intersections etc only requires the math model. But
if you want to visualise it you may prefer a combination of all three.

We need a bit more detail about what you are expecting as a result.
The three options above all have solutions that are potentially
very different.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site