[Tutor] Beginning Python 3.4.0 Programmer:Stephen Mik: Cannot get input variable to make While Loop conditional to work

Stephen Mik mik.stephen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 20:12:17 CEST 2014

Dear Python Community:
    I am new to Python,with only about a month's experience. I am writing Python 3.4.0 code that apparently isn't doing what it should be doing. Specifically, I am inputting or trying to input,a Sentry Variable to a While Loop. I want to test out the Main program" While" Loop before I add an inner "While" Loop. The program I have written,when run on the Python 3.4.0 Shell,does not stop for input of the "While" Sentry Variable,it just gives a program error: "Value of smv_grandVariable undefined". What am I doing wrong here? I'll try to post that part of the Code that is malfunctioning as well as Python Shell 3.4.0 Traceback Analysis. Please help if you can,this program is due on Thursday the 22nd of April,2014.