[Tutor] Groups of mutually exclusive options

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 22 04:35:44 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 05:37:28PM -0700, Alex Kleider wrote:
> On 2014-04-21 14:05, rail shafigulin wrote:
> >Does anybody know if there is a way to specify groups of mutually
> >exclusive
> >options using argparse module?
> >

> As someone pointed out on this list some months ago, you might want to
> consider using docopt instead of argparse.  It is much more in keeping
> with the SPoL philosophy of Unix.

Does docopt solve the Original Poster's question? If not, that advice is
not terribly helpful.

By the way, I think you mean Single Point Of Truth, not Light.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch04s02.html

SPOT, also known as DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself), is an excellent
principle to follow, but in my experience it is often too difficult to
follow religiously.

--
Steven