[Tutor] Groups of mutually exclusive options

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 22 05:17:28 CEST 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 05:05:49PM -0400, rail shafigulin wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a way to specify groups of mutually exclusive
> options using argparse module?

I'm not an expert on argparse, but I think not. If I've understand
correctly, this seems to suggest that argparse does not support what you
want:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4770576/does-argparse-python-support-mutually-exclusive-groups-of-arguments

If I've misunderstood what you are after, there are very many variations
on the theme of mutually exclusive groups of arguments on Stackoverflow,
perhaps you can find something more appropriate.

--
Steven