[Tutor] Fwd: Puzzle - Next Step to our interviewing process - Pramati Technologies!

Danny Yoo dyoo at hashcollision.org
Wed Apr 23 19:59:48 CEST 2014

Hi Brian,

No problem.  Just be more careful next time.  In particular, look at
the context.  The homework question I'm posing to Sunil is fairly
basic, intentionally so, but is designed so that if he solves it with
basic, standard tools (fresh list construction, list iteration, list
appending), he should be able to transfer that solution almost
directly to his original question, because it's essentially the same
problem in a different guise.

On the other hand, your one-liner solution uses zip and list
comprehensions.  It's clever, but too clever: not only is it using
advanced tools that he shouldn't touch yet, but that approach will not
easily generalize to his original question without contortions.