[Tutor] Difficulty in getting logged on to python.org; want to resubscribe at the beginner level; finding "While" Loops in Python 3.4.0 to be extremely picky

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 26 00:15:37 CEST 2014

On 25/04/14 21:34, Stephen Mik wrote:
> Dear Sir(s):
>      My name is Stephen W. Mik,my email address is
> "mik.stephen at yahoo.com"; and I am having trouble logging on to the
> "Python Tutor Site".

Do you mean the mailing list admin site?
You seem to have succeeded because your email address is
registered and this mail got through...

> I desperately need HELP with a Python 3.4.0 "Guess
> A Number" Homework Assignment 4 which is due VERY SOON..

That's fine we can offer help, we just don't do solutions.

> acknowledge,that I am a Python Programming amateur and some of my
> questions may seem trivial or naive

Thats what this list is here for.

> computer is a 2007 MacIntosh which I  can't configure to run Python
> 3.4.0.

You should be able to get a version 3 Python running on it and there
really isn't that much difference between Python 3.1 and 3.4.
In fact even version 2 isn't so differnt you couldn't do useful
wprk, you just need to translate it in the class lab that's all.

> Anyway,people,I need help with Python as soon as I can get it.

You need to tell us what kind of help. The more specific the question
the better the answer is likely to be.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site