[Tutor] New to Python - print function - invalid syntax

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Aug 5 11:17:23 CEST 2014

Greg Markham <greg.markham at gmail.com> writes:

> For cmd line, yes that's basically it. When I say "shell", I'm
> referring to the Python IDLE GUI.

For future reference: the operating system shell presents a command
line. The Python shell presents a command line. So “shell” and “command
line” don't distinguish between those.

You might better use the terms “operating system shell” (“OS shell”) and
“Python shell”.

Hope that helps.

--
 \           “Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to |
  `\                                               think.” —Niels Bohr |