[Tutor] Installing Python 2.5.4 on Windows 8 Questions

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 5 11:51:40 CEST 2014

On 05/08/14 05:02, Kelvin Baumgart wrote:
> My current OS is Windows 8 unfortunately.

The Windows 8 GUI sucks, but other than that its not a bad OS IMHO...
And Classic Shell fixes the UI.

> and Programming" which is being taught through MIT. Their curriculum is
> centered on 2.5.4 however any 2.5 or 2.6 versions are allegedly
> acceptable accordingly to the syllabus.

Install v2.6 its a lot closer to the latest version that 2.5.

> email. Essentially if you could help get started with installation by
> giving me professional input towards what OS or anything else relevant
> to my cause I will be greatly appreciative for your time and effort.

Just download the Windows installer for Python2.6.

https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.6/

Make sure you get the right version for your OS (64vbit v 32 bit)
If in doubt use the 32bit version as it works on both.

Also note the caveat on the web page re security fixes.
But this is the last version of 2.6 with a Windows installer
so is your best bet.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site