[Tutor] New to Python - print function - invalid syntax

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Tue Aug 5 18:39:39 CEST 2014

Marc Tompkins <marc.tompkins at gmail.com> Wrote in message:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Zachary Ware
> <zachary.ware+pytut at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> which it should be if the most recently
>> installed Python was 3.3 or 3.4, installed with default options.
>>

> And there we have my problem with this glorious new "feature".  YOU
> CAN'T RELY ON IT, because it depends on the most recent version having
> been installed most recently.  Much better to depend on the underlying
> behavior of the operating system.

Read some more. Once you've got py.exe installed,  whether from
 python 3.3+ or manually, then you just point the path and/or file
 associations at it.  That's done by default when python 3.3+ is
 installed, and only messed up when you subsequently install an
 older version using the wrong options.

--
DaveA