[Tutor] most useful ide

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 2 15:17:10 CET 2014

On 02/02/14 08:25, Ian D wrote:

> Are there any recommendations for python ide's

Lots depending who you ask...

> currently I am using idle, which seems pretty decent but am open to any
> suggestions

If it works for you then use it.

The thing about IDEs is that they ae very personal.
Some people swear by emacs, others swear at it.
Some love Netbeans, or Eclipse, others hate them both.
If you are a Mac user you may prefer XCode...

There are lots of specialized Pyhon IDS too.

And many Linux users prefer to let Linux be their IDE
and just run multiple Windows to do the same job.
(I'm in this camp FWIW...)

A lot will also depend on whether you have used IDEs in the
past, since that might sway your preferences.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site